Madlenianum Club Bookshop
Madlenianum Club Bookshop is a space that comprises the publishing and the artistic activity of Madlenianum. In this Bookshop all visitors of Madlenianum performances, as well as the book lovers, can find all kinds of works from fiction (belle lettres) and history, but also the professional works. Madlenianum Bookshop prides itself on one of the largest collections of musical literature and notes in Belgrade.
Monday - Friday: 10:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 10:00 - 14:30
Saturday and Sunday: 17:00 - 21:00
(in case of performance)
Madlenianum Club Bookshop recommends:
CLASSICAL SHEET MUSIC
- Mozart, The Seven Great Operas
- J. S. Bach, Arias
- Jan Sibelius, Selected Songs
POPULAR SHEET MUSIC
- Jazz Standards - Piano/Vocal/Guitar
- The Beatles Complete - Guitar
- Romantic Pop Piano
- Grun Bernard, The Golden Quill – a novel on Mozart’s life
- Colum McCann, Dancer – a novel on Rudolf Nureyev
- Mary Renault, Fire from Heaven / The Persian Boy/ Funeral Games– novels about
Alexander the Great
- William Shakespeare, Sonnets
- Charles Pierre Baudelaire, Paris Spleen
- Vasko Popa, Secondary Heaven
FICTION (BELLE LETTRES)
- Paul Auster, The Brooklyn Follies
- Virginia Woolf, Flush
- Richard Bach, The Bridge Across Forever
- Bill Bryson, A Short History of Nearly Everything
- Leonard Mlodinow, Euclid’s Window
- Roger Penrose, The Emperor’s New Mind
- Allan and Barbara Peas, The Definite Book of Body Language
- Anthony de Mello, The Way to Love
- Dr Richard Carlson, You Can Be Happy No Matter
THEATRE / FILM
- Martin McDonagh, Drama Books
- Erik-Emanuel Schmidt, Enigmatic Variations
- Bharata Muni, Natyasastra – The Origin of Theatre
BIOGRAPHIES / AUTOBIOGRAPHIES
- Igor Stravinsky, Chronicles of My Life
- Rade Šerbedžija, Till the Last Breath
- Bob Dylan, Chronicles
- Sr?an Valjarevi?, Second Winter Diary
- Jelena Lengold, Baltimore
- Svetislav Basara, Heart of the Earth
- Caroline Walsh, Arrows in Flight – Short stories from the New Ireland
- Žaneta ?uki? Periši?, Stories and Story-telling – Anthology of stories awarded by the
- Igor Marojevi?, dr Aleksandar Nedeljkovi?, New Serbian OFF and SF story
- Gradac 154/155, Crusaders
- Letter 82/83, Arthur Schopenhauer
- Annals, Borislav Peki? 2/2005
HYSTORY AND ART THEORY
- New Larousse History of Art
- Giulio Carlo Argan, Modern Art
- Vilém Flusser, Towards a Philosophy of Photography
- Vladimir ?orovi?, History of Serbian People I-III
- Frances Gies, The Knight in History
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, Globalization and Its Discontents
RELIGION / MYTHOLOGY
- John L. Esposito, The Oxford History of Islam
- Ernst BENZ, The Eastern Orthodox Church, Its Thought and Life
- Paula R. Hartz, Native American Religions
Attractive figures, magnets, masques ...
A nice present and a memory forever.
You can also have a cup of coffee or tea with us...
MADLENIANUM PUBLISHING ACTIVITY
MADLENIANUM has shown its commitment to books by the activity of its publishing sector. Recognizing authentic needs of musical-scenic culture, MADLENIANUM has started to fill in a blank space of our sparse literature on musical theatre, publishing exceptional works from the domain of aesthetics, classical and modern theatre.
The first book in MADLENIANUM edition, AESTHETICS OF OPERA DIRECTING, by professor Radoslav Lazi?, Ph.D., was published in 2000. This large, two-book work, contains essays on the most significant opera creators, as well as the author’s discussions with famous directors of our and world opera theatre on the art of opera directing.
In 2001 MADLENIANUM published a theatrologic study BELGRADE THEATRICAL CIRCLES, by professor Petar Volk, Ph.D., in which the author represents a history of development of dramatic art on Belgrade stages from 1841 till the end of 20th century.
A capital musical-philosophical work, OPERA AND DRAMA, by the German composer Richard Wagner, was published by MADLENIANUM in 2003. The work that left deep traces at the time of its appearance, in 19th century, and was the corner stone of the philosophy of the opera theatre of the time, has not been translated in this region before its publishing in MADLENIANUM.
The publishing sector of MADLENIANUM plans to extend its activity to the printing of integral scores and orchestra materials of our composers, and publishing of CDs of operas and ballets performed on the stage of MADLENIANUM Opera and Theatre.